Wednesday, July 21, 2010

More from the Overhead Dept.

Charlotte Douglas Airport, 2010

Overheard at the Charlotte Airport:

“I love you, too, Honey. Be good for Daddy while I’m gone.”

“I did not provoke the fight with your brother. He didn’t need me to tell him he’s an irresponsible ass.”

“I had such a good time this weekend. How long has it been since we had two days all to ourselves?”

“The lord is my shepherd….”

“YOU TELL CHARLENE SHE’D BETTER GET HER ASS TO LOUISVILLE TOMORROW MORNING OR SHE’S GOING TO BE TOAST!”

“If you hadn’t insisted on wearing that damned belt buckle, we wouldn’t have spent an eternity getting through security.”

“No, you can’t have a Cinnabon for dinner. Do we have Cinnabons for dinner at home?”

“Don’t stare, Henry. That man probably lost his arm in an accident. He doesn’t need you staring at him.”

“Who’d have thought your father would have so much fun with the kids. I thought you told me he was never around when you were a kid?”

“It never fails to amaze me how people dress to travel. Did you see that girl?”

“I told you he said Gate B18, not E18. Do you know how far we have to walk now?”

“If Mom finds out what we did at the beach, we’re going to be in deep shit.”

“God, I wish I’d taken Monday off, too. I am so wasted.”

“She says I don’t listen to her enough. I don’t get it. I took her to three movies last week.”

“He’s 18, for crying out loud! Let him play around some.”

“Ten degrees above zero and forty knot winds. Makes being stuck in Charlotte sound good.”

“I will not stay at any friggin’ Red Lion Inn.”

“I can see you looking at her. I’m sitting right here beside you. I can see when you’re looking at other women.”

“When can we do this again?”

3 comments:

  1. Re: next to last. My wife tells me that when I stop looking, or do more than just look, she'll call a funeral home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haaaa! Those are a riot. I admit I love to eavesdrop on wacky conversations. I sometimes jot things down in my moleskine that I overhear. I think they SHOULD have Cinnabons for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. I wanted to keep a list of things overheard in the halls of the hospital as I walked around after surgery, like the nurses talking outside a patient's room: "she wanted a smaller johnny...they only come in one size".

    ReplyDelete