Thursday, November 4, 2010

Reflections

Cottage Street Reflection, 2010

Don’t worry. I’m not going to get all sentimental on you. In fact, this will be kind of short.

It’s about reflections, the kind you see when you look at one thing that has a shiny surface and see in it the reflection of something that’s behind you.

Looking through my pictures, I have a lot of photographs of reflections. One of my favorites is a picture taken years ago in New York. It’s the window of a shop located in the Sherry Netherland Hotel on Fifth Avenue. All the action in the picture, made jittery by the reflection, sums up the hustle bustle life of New York for me.

A La Vieille Russie, 2003

For years, it seems, I considered only those reflections that were more or less at eye level. I have various pictures of myself taken in reflections, like this and this and this.

In recent years, though, I’ve learned to look down more for reflections, especially after it rains. Since I don’t take a lot of pictures in the rain, they’re the next best thing, and a lot of fun.

Fuller Street Reflection, 2003


Winter Amusement, 2004

5 comments:

  1. I like your reflection photographs... it's always interesting to see the world at a different angle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is something I've been meaning to try. However, if the weather guess can be believed, I'll be shooting snowflakes for the next couple of days instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photographs!!Love the one with the leaves and the water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I love all of these reflections! Great self-portraits, too. Wonderful post full of intriguing images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chris, thank for the nice comment on my blog- I love your daughter's blog - Design Sponge- and in fact same to your blog through following her on Twitter! Small world, eh!!!

    ReplyDelete