Monday, March 5, 2012

Stuff Around




Yellow, 2012

That title isn’t a verb. I’m not talking about stuffing anything.
Rather, I’m referring to the stuff that you find “around” on a rain day when you don’t want to go outside to take picture.
It’s been a busy couple of weeks. I know I’m the one who’s always going on about “doing something creative every day.” But I was so distracted much of the time that most of my creativity was going into making client reports into something worth reading.
“I’ll make it up on the weekend,” I told myself. But then the rain set in. And when it wasn’t raining it was dark and gloomy, so much so that Mrs. B and I sought refuge in the movie theater.
We also took advantage of the gloomy weather to upgrade our cell phones. This means there’s a new woman in my life named Siri. With a name like that, I like to think she’s a young exotic beauty from, say, India or Indonesia. But in truth Siri’s voice sounds more like that middle-aged lady in Kentucky who is the voice of AT&T, Bank of America and a bunch of airports.
One of the other benefits of the new phone is a better phone camera. I hope this also means I’ll have noticeably better quality images when I use the iPhone while traveling. (Of course, it’s the camera that got better. The person taking the pictures is still the same old me.)
Anxious to see what this new phone camera can do, I took a quick spin around the house yesterday afternoon with the new phone to see what sights I could see. No great visual miracles, it turns out. But a few interesting colors, shapes and shadows.
Must go. I think I hear Siri calling me.
 
The Illusion of Light, 2012

 
Crisp, 2012


 
Nature’s Forest, 2012


3 comments:

  1. You know what they say about the best camera... The best camera is the one you have with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are all excellent! Wow!

    My nephew has Siri, and he's programmed it so that she calls him "Master." Cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know it does stellar closeups.

    ReplyDelete