Monday, January 25, 2010

Photographs. Everywhere.

The Shower View, 2010

I’ve written here before about how hard it has been for me to learn the importance of capturing a scene with my camera when I first see it and not counting on it still being there later when I think to get back with a camera.

Well, I’m getting better. The Shower View is a scene I’ve wanted to capture for about three years. I finally got around to it this past weekend.

I’m a big believer that there are interesting things to photograph, draw or paint in your own backyard if you just look close enough. This picture is a good example of that. Even since the bathroom was painted green, I have been charmed each morning by this impressionistic composition of color and shapes. There are no Photoshop tricks here. This is what it looks like if you’re in the shower looking through the door out into the bathroom.

So there’s my excuse. I only think about this scene when I’m taking a shower, and by the time I get out of the shower, I’m usually distracted by enough other things that I go on about my day without ever capturing the scene.

Now, if I can just remember to get over and take that picture of the three trees by the hospital I’ve been wanting to take…


2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a catch!. I'm really glad you got that one. Its colors are like a Matisse. I love that!!

    ReplyDelete