Wednesday, April 28, 2010

More Clouds


7-24-03 - 3, 2003

I was driving out of the neighborhood yesterday when I had to pull over and stop to take in the view of an immense thunderhead storm cloud that came into view.

The lane out our part of the neighborhood is narrow and lined with trees that form a dense canopy overhead. You can’t even see the sky very well until you’re about a half-mile away from our house. That’s where the road widens and the canopy opens up to sky.


4-26-10, 2010

I’ve written here before about the allure of clouds, how they can be delicate little puffs on one day and a horizon-t0-horizon roiling sea the next. When I came upon the storm cloud yesterday I decided it was worth delaying my errand long enough to sit and watch the cloud move across the sky. I sat transfixed long enough that one of the neighbors got up from the yard work he was doing and came over to make sure I was okay.

The only camera I had with me at the time was my iPhone. I pulled it out of my pocket to take a picture and discovered it wasn’t even turned on. By the time I turned it on, the storm cloud had passed.

2-05-06 – 2, 2006


2-05-06 - 12, 2006


1 comment:

  1. Wow--what dramatic skies! Great photos, Chris! We saw some pretty amazing skies here as well the last day or so. Must be fronts moving through. You caught some beauties, and some powerful heavens.

    ReplyDelete